Sunday, April 13, 2014

Jack and Jill (2011)




Jack Sadelstein (Adam Sandler) is gritting his teeth over a holiday visit from his loudmouthed twin sister Jill (Sandler in drag). The siblings pick at each other relentlessly from their past experiences from when they were younger. They never get along, even with the help of Jack's  wife (Katie Holmes). It's horrible to watch the movie, make fun of Jill's looks, weight, and farting problems only to switch gears into gooey sentiment at the end and tell us why we should love her.


Adam Sandler was terrible as Jill. We were supposed to believe that the character was actually a woman. All I saw was Adam Sandler in a dress with a stupid voice. Jack is unlikeable and mean, almost to the point where you wonder how he has any family or friends. Katie Holmes wasn’t really in the movie. Her character was one dimensional and boring. She might as well have not been there at all and this crap would have stayed the same. Al Pacino was in the movie, as himself. Now, why would he do this movie is my question. He is an amazing actor with amazing credits to his name. But this? Really? The jokes were pointless and not funny. Too many fart jokes and stupid Adam Sandler accent scenes.


Well the film contains approximately one minute that is not excruciating. It’s the one where Johnny Depp appears during a Lakers game.The visuals are terrible in the early movie and get a lot better later when they go on a cruise ship. 


Now, in the story, Sandler wants to recruit Al Pacino for a commercial in Dunkin Donuts he's doing, but Al really doesn't like him because he's kind of a douche-bag. Well, as soon as Al sees Jill, he falls in love almost instantaneously, but Jill doesn't even like him. So now throughout the movie we get to see Adam Sandler trying to buy Al Pacino's love with Jill so that he could do the commercial for them.

So in the end, this movie shouldn't be seen at all, Adam Sandler used to be funny, I don't know what happened in this movie and I certainly don't know why Al Pacino was dragged into this piece of crap. Anyway, a comedy movie that isn't funny, is a bad movie and don't ever watch this... EVEEEEEEER!

Here is the trailer:


This monstrosity is on Netflix

Sources:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810913/?ref_=nv_sr_1 

12 comments:

  1. Some truly wonderfully horrible movies. Luckily I've only seen one of them (WWW).

    Sometimes the reviews give spoilers (spider in WWW) and often mention what happens in the movie without explicitly giving a justified opinion, or giving specifics.

    First and only warning against plagiarism, (please correct this mistake throughout your blog). + make sure that all your pictures work as many cannot be seen as of this date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did they get Al Pacino for the movie...money that's how. You make some good points about the movie, Adam sander has made some bad movies over the years but this one stands alone. I remember watching the first two minutes of the movies then changing the channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie was so funny!! I laughed the hole time I watched it, but I could never watch the movie again. It was one of those movies you watch once in a life time just for a good laugh. The hole time I was imagining if this movie actually happened to someone before such as we all know that some people are fake on those dating sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find your style of writing funnier than each of the movies you describe. You seriously had me laughing aloud, which doesn't happen often. I remember watching this movie when it was first released and wanting to be refunded for my ticket. The acting was indeed charmingly nasty, as was the story line. I've seen kindergarten plays with more intelligence and emotion. Al Pacino is a wonderful actor; after having seen "Scent of a Woman" and then watching him in this atrocity, I shed a few tears of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is slightly saddening, Oliver. I am an Adam Sandler fan, I love his movies like Billy Madison and 50 first dates. I have never seen Jack and Jill and I definitely won't after reading this review, but it makes me sad to know that it sucked so much as a movie. However, I do agree with Jon, you're writing style is definitely humorous and makes me look forward to reading about what you have to say on these "garbage movies'. Keep it up Olly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am an Adam Sandler fan myself and i hate to see is talent in comedy to go to waste with this movie. I personally did not like this movie either. It was terrible! Yeah sure I guess this movie had some good jokes and I had some good laughs but the movie in general was not great at all. And the Al Pacino thing, that just confused me. I did really ask myself how he wound up in this movie in the first place. Keep it up, I am really agreeing with a lot of your choice of bad movie! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oliver, you implement your humorous opinion very well while still giving a detailed synopsis of this film. I know I've seen this movie, however I can't remember much of it. Despite that, I do know that I agreed with you on how horrendous this piece of work is. I'm somewhat of an Adam Sandler fan, but seeing his creepy performance as Jill in this movie made me feel, uneasy I guess. Not that anything is wrong with drag, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oliver, I am actually disappointed to see this movie amongst your list. I loved it for it's keen sense of humour. I am a big Adam Sandler fan, and the fact that there are 2 of him on screen is double the fun ! I agree on your point that Al Pacino's character was rather pointless, but I thought the over all movie was great ! You support your arguments well though Oli, keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm here to protest! I loved this movie and would recommend it to people of all ages. My friend and I have many inside jokes from this movie, it's great. Adam Sandler as Jill, his twin, to me is hilarious! The fact that they're so similar looking and it's not even believable that 'she' is a girl is the best. Their relationship is also so funny. I also adored the character Felipe. Although we clearly don't agree on this film, I appreciate that you put your opinion out there:) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I obviously have mixed feelings. I was falling asleep throughout this whole movie trying to keep my eyes open. I kept on checking my watch like every 10 minutes saying to myself "When will it end, my god, this is horrible." This movie was not at all funny and I don't know how you were entertained.

      Delete
  10. Not going to lie, but I completely agree with you on this one Oliver. It's hard to believe that Adam Sandler would be involved in such a terrible movie. I really do enjoy most of his films but this one is a huge disappointment. Anyway, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to be completely honest here, and disagree with you completely, because this movie was supposed to be for little kids hence why there is farting jokes, and I personally don't think you should be judging a little kids movie, but that's just me. Other than that you still made me laugh with your little comments.

    ReplyDelete